Monday, November 05, 2012

Windows 8 Apps for Social Good Contest

I don’t work for Microsoft anymore so I don’t get paid to promote things like this. On the other hand I like the idea of a) applications for social good and b) using contests as a tool for motivating students to create real projects. So when I say this on Facebook I decided to share it more widely.

windows 8 apps for good

Do you have an idea to help people better track their energy usage? Do you want to help students learn math or science? Have an idea about how to track online donations? Show us how Windows 8 apps can help the world and you can win up to US$15,000. To celebrate the launch of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, we've announced a new contest to encourage developers to create apps that positively impact the world around them. The contest begins November 5th, 2012 and all entries are due by Feb. 28, 2013. You can find out more here: http://bit.ly/PybNCC

No comments: